Zero Emissions Building Centre of Excellence
UDI will be participating in a May 12th workshop with the City of Vancouver and several stakeholder groups on establishing a Zero Emissions Building Centre of Excellence, which will assist the industry in meeting the requirements of the BC Energy Step Code and City of Vancouver policies.
The City has several objectives for the Centre, including:
- Supporting knowledge sharing, the promotion of best practices, and peer-to-peer learning amongst developers, designers, builders and regulators;
- Engaging in meaningful, ongoing dialog with the local building industry to identify barriers and seek out solutions with partners such as government agencies and financial institutions;
- Engaging the building industry to help inform effective, well-considered policies and regulations moving forward;
- Providing tools, training, resources and research that are most needed by practitioners; and
- Fostering innovation in the construction sector.