Municipal News – City of Pitt Meadows
November 1, 2022
Official Community Plan Adoption
On September 27th, Council adopted a new Official Community Plan (OCP). Some of the policies the City will be pursuing to support growth and housing include:
- Encourage multi-family housing construction within the central part of the urban area, including medium- to high-density housing located on major roads and within the Town Centre;
- Consider allowing buildings higher than four storeys within areas designated for high-density residential, mixed residential, and mixed residential/commercial use in the Town Centre
- Review opportunities for redevelopment of underused/low-density sites for housing, particularly affordable housing projects; and
- Investigate parking requirement relaxation for purpose-built, non-market units on a project-by-project basis, particularly projects in walkable centres (e.g. Town Centre) and near transit (i.e. Frequent Transit Network.
Some policies the City will be pursuing to improve transportation include:
- Work towards obtaining more off-peak and reverse-peak WCE train service to and from Pitt Meadows;
- Support the expansion of light rapid transit (e.g., SkyTrain) / higher-order transit (e.g. dedicated bus lanes) to Pitt Meadows and communities further east; and
- Ensure the connection of TransLink’s local public bus network, especially from the southern residential neighbourhoods and employment lands, to the RapidBus stops along Lougheed Highway.
For more information, click here.