- I am a member (i.e. architect) but the developer of the project is not a member. Is the project eligible to enter?
No, the developer of the project must be a UDI member.
- I am a member (developer) but some of the development team are not members (architect, engineer, ie). Can they enter the project on my behalf?
Yes, providing the developer gives consent.
- Is the project team recognized at the ceremony?
Although the Award goes to the developer of the project, members of the project team will be formally recognized at the event.
- I am unsure about the criteria and which category to enter. How do I get more information?
Email your question to the Awards information desk firstname.lastname@example.org or phone the UDI office at 604-669-9585.
- When will the judging take place?
The Jury will review the submissions during the month of August and some projects may be visited during the month of September. The final decision on winning projects will be made in early October.
- Are projects outside the Lower Mainland eligible?
Yes, providing the developer is a member of UDI. For example, a member of UDI Okanagan is eligible to submit a project in any of the categories. In addition, there will be special awards for the Okanagan, Vancouver Island and Fraser Valley.
- Is it possible to have duplicates of the Awards made recognizing members of the project team?
Yes, after the Awards ceremony, extra Awards recognizing the team will be made available for a fee.
- When is the ceremony and can I bring my spouse/guest?
The ceremony will be held Thursday, November 22, 2018 at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Vancouver. This is a black tie optional event and spouses and guests are most welcome.
This is also an excellent event to invite your project team and local elected officials.
- How will submitted project photos be used?
Any photos submitted in support of your nomination may be used in any and all UDI promotional activity for the Awards event and for other public forums to portray the diversity of housing options produced by UDI members.