Housing Data & Statistics: Cheat Sheet
Province-wide property assessment information, as well as regional assessment information. See also for Quarterly Market Trends reports.
Year-to-date information on the pace of MLS® home sales for the province as well as in each of the BCREA member board regions and a comparison of current year sales with the previous year. Housing starts and forecasts with year over year comparison.
General information and statistics on economic impacts, jobs, and home ownership across Canada, organized regionally and by municipality.
- Housing Now Tables (Vancouver and Abbotsford CMAs), (Feb 2017):
- Provides a summary of housing statistics, including starts, completions, dwellings under construction, absorptions, real estate sales and home prices
- Rental Market Report (Vancouver CMA), 2016
Construction forecast from 2017 to 2021, for residential, industrial, and commercial sectors.
Lower Mainland developers’ market intelligence, complied monthly by Exceeds.
A deep survey of B.C. owners, buyers, sellers, and renters, providing expert insight and recommendations on trends and buying habits of British Columbians.
A new tool that communicates the trade-offs of different housing choices in the lower mainland of British Columbia, specifically Metro Vancouver.
The calculator provides a comparative analysis of all the major environmental impacts and benefits associated with housing choice, such as greenhouse gas emissions, water and electricity consumption and acres of land taken, for high density archetypes versus low density (single family or townhouse).
A 2014 study out of the US calculated the economic impact of residential construction on the U.S. economy.
All are available as excel files at the Metro website (http://www.metrovancouver.org/services/regional-planning/data-statistics/Pages/default.aspx).
- Residential building permits
- Housing Starts, 2000-2015:
- Housing Data Book (updated as data becomes available)
- A key source of regional and municipal level data on the housing stock, trends, market conditions, tenure, income and needs
- The Data Book outlines:
- Household income
- Housing market indicators
- Housing needs
- Continuum of housing choices – renters
- Continuum of housing choices – ownership
- Apartment Rents ($), 1999-2015:
- Apartment Vacancy Rates (%), 1999-2015:
Contains major economic and housing market trends, pre-sales data and amounts sold before construction.
A tool to measure home price trends; measures the rate of price change of housing features.
Property transfer tax data relating to market transactions within the province, including foreign buyers. The data is drawn from new forms implemented June 10, asking tax filers for additional information, like citizenship, they weren’t previously required to provide.
Detailed monthly statistical reports and summaries of transactions and trends throughout the region.